“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Reading the Bible is essential if we want to know God and His plan for our lives. But if you are new to the Bible or have never studied it before, figuring out where to start can be overwhelming. Here are some tools that will help.
TOOLS AND RESOURCES
A free Bible app for your phone, tablet or computer. The YouVersion Bible app has hundreds of versions in over 700 languages and hundreds of Bible reading plans (full, partial, topical and devotional).
Bible Gateway is a website that allows you to read, research and reference Scripture for free. Advanced search capabilities help you to quickly find the passage you are looking for by keyword, topic, phrase or Scripture reference.
The ABCD Bible Study Method
A = approach the text
- Decide what you will read today.
- Just a short section, what you can read in 3-5 minutes
- Work through Bible books.
- Recommend to start: Mark, James, 1 John, Acts, Genesis
B = best verse
- Out of the section you read, which verse impacted you most?
C = communication
- Summary idea of the text
- Likely this thought comes from the “best verse”.
D = determination
- What you will think, do or be because of what you gleaned from God’s Word today
- You might pray this back to God.